Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sr. Mary Sponsa Beltran and the Teach Peace Foundation

This video is described on YouTube as follows:

The Teach Peace Foundation helps the disabled in Liberia, Africa live with dignity. Our Special Ambassador program teaches children that disability does not mean inability. In addition to care for the disabled, we provide leadership development experiences for students to get involved while learning about the plight of people with no safety net. For more information, visit www.teachpeace.com or call 570-406-4533.



I apologize that I haven't provided a transcript of this video for visually impaired readers (although it is captioned for deaf readers); however, if you'd like to read more about Teach Peace, please go to this link.

To hear speeches from Sr. Mary Sponsa Beltran about her work, please go here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently read three blog entries by Kimberley (WildKat) from back in 2007, in which she tried out three hotels in Halifax, NS, and found the first two to be entirely inaccessible and the third to be not much better. I'd never imagined that hotels this size would have only one accessible room or that they'd not thought to make the lift buttons useable. Here they are.

--
Matt Smith

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that should have gone on the next entry up, about ADA failures.

--
Matt Smith

Ruth said...

Matt,
No problem - I cut/pasted it up to the other post. Let me know if you want me to take this thread down and I will - up to you.