Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

A bad taste campaign that's not political


The last few days I've been coughing and feeling a slight cold come on. I used to fool around with all kinds of over the counter medications, trying various things, but no more. Now I go straight to the cough medicine that I know works.

The stuff that tastes really bad, has a history of tasting bad and is proud of it. Buckley's.

I kid you not. It's a mix of herbal ingredients that include camphor that taste terrible. It's the "take this and then shove a piece of candy in your mouth" cough medicine. But it works. Every time.

They even run a "bad taste campaign" as you can see in the photo above, which shows a bottle of Buckley's on its side, above which it reads Open wide and say "#()$#)@#" (or something along those lines). The bad taste campaign worked to increase sales and won awards as well. The slogan - It tastes awful. And it works.

It's also drowsy-free, a fact I appreciate as I head back to work with that awful taste in my mouth.

Ewwwww....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You feeling better?

Ruth said...

Yes! 50% improvement...thanks for asking, Bob.

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

hope you get back the other 50%!

Ruth said...

Thanks, Greg :)

Anonymous said...

That *is* a great ad. Hope you're feeling better, Ruth.

Ruth said...

Thanks BG. I'm 75% better. Should be A OK by 9 am tomorrow !!