Pages

Monday, March 3, 2008

Book Meme

Sarah asked me to join in the book meme mid-February (around the time I caught the flu) and, although I saw it, I haven't had the energy to do it. So, apologies, but I'm getting around to it now.



Rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

The nearest book? The Genesee Diary by Henri Nouwen. Page 123 is a little short of sentences, but I'll post what's there:

" Every time some kind of insight comes to me, I find myself wondering how I can use it in a lecture, a sermon, or an article, and very soon I am far away from God and all wrapped up in my own preoccupations. Maybe this is what makes the Jesus Prayers so good for me. Simply saying, "Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me" a hundred times, a thousand times, ten thousand times, as the Russian peasant did, might slowly clean my mind and give God a little chance."

And now I tag five people.

You.
You.
You.
You.
You.