Pages

Friday, February 8, 2008

Take the stairs?

Two of the bloggers I visit often are dealing with broken elevators and lack of access issues, unable to get out. Here it means a job in jeopardy and not able to go caucus and here where Elizabeth was crawling over nails.

Having been stuck inside over the years for various reasons such as no ramp, broken elevators and (my personal favorite) no wheelchair to use, I write often about mobility advocacy. (See my label mobility for more.) I have to get back to work.

But do go read about what broken elevators do to real peoples' lives at the links I put up. Because what we all need to get through our heads is that people with disabilities do have lives that require mobility. Until the erroneous assumption that mobility is a privilege and not a right is done away with, these situations are not going to change or improve.