Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Dueling demos-the software that ate my story

There is something about trying out new software and equipment that really tires me out. It's probably the learning curve, and also the fact that I keep getting interrupted when I'm trying to find time to do it. My job. Oh that.

The other day I wrote a story for A Different Light on a demo piece of software only to find out that I couldn't cut and paste it onto my blog. I told myself that I could use this as an opportunity to practice with another piece of equipment as I transferred the story.

Didn't happen. Work has been busy, and although I really intended to do all of that, the truth is that it's after midnight as I write this post and I'm still not done with other things that have a much higher priority.

The good news is that the story is safe and sound where it is. I don't know how long it will be before I get around to dictating it into my other blog, but I'm sure I'll find the time eventually. The only problem with the story is that I've been reading a book by Dean Koontz and I found myself coming up with a character that wanted to do sinister things. I toned it down a bit, but it's probably just as well that this story is going to sit for a while-at least until I finish the Koontz novel. Maybe I'll read the romance novel, the national Library for the blind sent me by accident (they transposed the numbers when I ordered).

Nah.