Pages

Friday, January 4, 2008

Room for Reflection

This post is not a reflection. It's a post where I'm going to put links to great posts at other blogs.

As I read around the blogosphere, I see a number of people writing end of the year posts. I've decided not to do a post where I sum up 2007.

I would like to say that I've had a lot of room for reflection this past year.

I didn't learn anything from what happened with my mobility issues.

I do know there are broader societal issues involved, so I suppose some would say I shouldn't take what happened personally. And maybe, after having room for reflection, I might even agree with them that it would be best if I don't take 2007 personally.

I suppose, in the end, this is why, despite all the room for reflection I have had, there's not much to write about.

No, I won't be doing a post about 2007. There simply isn't anything to say.

However Wheelchair Dancer has written in this post about our right to passage and talks about mobility advocacy. And that's the direction I think we need to go in.

And Elizabeth has written a post about wheelchairs over at BBC Ouch that addresses some of the misperceptions about mobility devices.

No comments: