Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2008

It tastes better watching sometimes...

"Can I order this sundae just the way I want it?" my nephew asked.

"Sure, kid," the guy behind the counter said.

"Okay. Vanilla ice cream, soft." Pause. " Chocolate sprinkles on that. Whipped cream on top." Pause. "Rainbow sprinkles on that. And chocolate fudge sauce."

Several minutes later, my nephew lifted his spoon, stopped and said "Look at that. Just look at it." And then he dug in.

"Is it good?"

Through a mouthful of ice cream he said "Beyond good. Fantastic. Awesome. The ultimate sundae."

Love those sundaes that taste better watching someone else eat them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so wonderful. I'm glad he was so happy with his awesome sundae!

I needed that story.

Ruth said...

BG- thanks for your comment -I needed to see his joy too :)