Pages

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

New interactive feature: Untold Stories

I posted previously about how there are many stories that don't get covered in the media because a great deal of time is spent on sensational issues.

I've been thinking about this topic since I went to Mass on Sunday. During the sermon, Msgr. Malovetz pointed out that we are bombarded with news and (I am paraphrasing) it can be difficult to discern what is and is not important.

So I've decided that it's worthwhile to add a new feature here: which is to ask readers to submit links/information to and about untold stories- stories that may not be sensational enough to make it any further than local news, but are of intrinsic worth. They may be stories that are only known by families and friends - I'm keeping the definition open for now.

The story can be either current or old, it can be about any topic or person, although I do want to emphasize stories that are related to my blog. However, if you run across something interesting, please forward it. And let me know if you want credit (your name in the post, a link to your website, blog, etc.) Feel free to include a short bio or introduction about yourself as well.( I'll assume that whatever you put in your email can be posted unless you indicate otherwise.)

My email is located in my profile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good idea!
Janet