Pages

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Black and white and stuffed all over.....




While on my ski trip, I got a stuffed panda (eyes left) for my nephew at the Silent Auction. However, since I've been sick, I haven't seen the kid yet so the panda has been sitting on my bed. My cat (eyes right) has decided that the panda is his long lost friend.

One day I found my cat taking a nap with his paw curled around the panda. There was also the time he decided to give the panda a bath. Then they appeared to have some kind of a "fight" - and I found the panda hanging off the side of the hospital bed by its stuffed paws while my cat tried to push him the rest of the way down onto the floor. This was rather amusing to watch.

It has also been kind of fun to watch all of my friends pet the panda (white on top, black on belly) when they think it's my cat (black on top, white on belly). This is also probably a result of the fact that my cat is so sedentary that it's easy to confuse him with a stuffed animal.

In any event, it's going to be kind of hard to give up the panda. He's become, well, a conversation piece if nothing else and definitely a source of amusement.

Maybe I'll buy my nephew a stuffed dog instead.

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

ROTFL!!

As you may or may not know, we sell plush stuffed animals and dolls on the Internet. We have to be very careful not to leave any of them out when we're through writing descriptions, etc., or our cat will steal them. We learned the hard way, as she ruined a few before we wised up!!

Ruth said...

Wellll my cat is napping yet again with the panda - I think he's starting to "meow" at the thing LOL I can see how it would be necessary to put them away!

Sister Mary Martha said...

Please keep the panda for your cat. It might be the only exercise he gets.

Ruth said...

LOL! Good point.