Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas memories

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I had quite the Christmas haul this year. A Lady Vols sweatshirt, hot cocoa, a new pillow for my bed and candy.

Not just any candy but ribbon candy. If you've never seen it, it's hard candy made into thin strips and wrapped back onto itself like a ribbon. It comes in a box with different flavors

As a child I used to go to my grandmother's bedroom every Christmas morning to share her box of ribbon candy. Because it's so thin the candy breaks during shipping so there were always loose pieces on the box which I'd eat first no matter what flavor they were. Irresistible!

This year was no different. We opened the box. "Some of it's broken," my sister said. I offered my nephew some. He tried some of the broken off pieces before checking out the different flavors.

Some things never change.

2 comments:

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Yum! You seriously made me hungry. I haven't had ribbon candy in years. :p

Ruth said...

So good! Hope you're having a great holiday :)