Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

My voice-recognition software is playing games by itself...

I've spent the past few days tweaking my voice recognition and want to thank Greg over at Pitt Rehab for all of his help.

However, I think I may have gone too far.

My games are playing by themselves now. I discovered while playing mah-jongg Titans that when I said "umm" two matching tiles were highlighted and disappeared. In spider solitaire I found that saying "next move" also resulted in the game practically playing by itself. Cards began to magically move from the end of stacks to the right place and I sat, fascinated, watching it.

Unfortunately, however, the voice-recognition ghosts that took over my game lost it. Bummer.

I'll be turning the computer off before I go to bed...

7 comments:

FridaWrites said...

LOL!

Bob said...

So is it you or the computer blogging now?

Ruth said...

Bwa ha ha...

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

It can be very frustrating at times, creating custom commands should not have affected your games.... Hope it was a onetime glitch.

Have a great day, and if you need anything else just let me know!

Ruth said...

Greg,
I'm sure it's totally unrelated to the custom commands. In fact, I never tried playing games with the voice recognition before so who knows? My computer may just be haunted!

Thanks again for all your help. Much appreciated - the improvements are saving me a lot of time!

Terri said...

just to be safe though, do turn things off when they will be unattended! :)

Ruth said...

yeah I will :)