Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Temporarily able bodied - Sims?


Even the Sims are TABs (temporarily able bodied).

Yes I play The Sims - not too often but once in a while. I started playing The Sims back when it was just starting as a series. And as it's been further developed with better graphics and more expansion packs, I blogged a few times on various blogs I wrote (some of which no longer exist) about including Sims with disabilities. Ramps. Guide dogs.

No go. But I was playing the other day and one of my characters became disabled. Actually his legs disappeared - both of them- and of course he kept walking - or trying to.

That didn't surprise me since he was invented by folks who can't even embrace the idea of a disabled Sim at all. Furthermore, in a few minutes, he suddenly sprouted new legs and was back to new.

See? Temporarily able bodied was never such an apt term.

[visual description: A screenshot from The Sims 2 game shows a girl sim in pigtails selling lemonade from a lemonade stand to a little boy sim. Two other girl sims are standing watching.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMAO! Naturally even if a Sim becomes disabled he gets 'cured'! Great post.