Pages

Monday, August 6, 2007

Quadriplegic cooking: making a frozen pizza



In this video, the quadriplegic demonstrates how, using a special quad reacher, he goes about making a frozen pizza in an oven. The video was shortened because it took him five minutes to get the stupid plastic wrap off the pizza. I have one of those C5-6 reachers but it's a little different than his - I think there are two companies that make different reachers for quads. (I can get the information if anyone needs it.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand he has to try to do things but that doesn't look very safe to me since that tray is hot.

Rosemary said...

Uhhhh! I felt so bad for him when the tray landed on the floor, and hurrayed with him when he finally got to eat it. They make oven gloves, not mitts, but honest to goodness gloves, made of some space age material. Seems like that would be a safety item needed by anyone who wanted to cook with that level of hand mobility.