Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Power chair antics

I've received a few emails from readers asking me how it's going with my new used Jazzy power chair. It's going great!

Actually I've found some new, unintended benefits from using a power chair. The power chair takes care of the pesky problem of opening the front door when the mail comes. I simply push the joystick forward full speed ahead and open sesame. Even the mailman gets into it. He tosses the mail up in the air and it lands in my lap. Then he runs away. Very efficient. Cool.

It is also intriguing to hear what interesting noises you get when you ride over things. The crunchy foods like cereals are predictable but there were some real surprises when I ran over fruit. And there was a surprising echo when I crushed Gladware. Corelle dinnerware really is strong. That's all I'll say about that.

I'm thinking of calling the chair Rambo. But I haven't picked out a name yet. There's so much more to explore that it's going to be tough to name it.

But my antics are calm compared to what Andrew, who has muscular dystrophy, is planning - he owns a Frontier X5 off road power wheelchair- (definitely a dream machine for those power wheelchair users into adventure) and is going to film a documentary as he takes it around the world - check this out

No comments: