Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Where's the cushion Waldo?


I just checked and it appears the cushion may still be in San Diego. Despite specifically asking for access to updates, that's the only information I've been able to get.

I've been trying to look on the bright side of all this, keeping in mind the plucky movie characters with disabilities everyone so loves. So here's a list of positives:

1. Sitting on a surface with Velcro bands keeps me securely in the wheelchair over bumps.

2 it's given me an idea for a product for those who go cushion-less: pants with Velcro bands to match the sling. Maybe call them Stuck on You.

3 Velcro is noisy when you need to get out of the chair but it provides a great conversation starter. What's that sucking noise under your butt? really leads to great one line answers.

4. Sitting lower in the chair brings me closer to my kitten. And the bugs on the ground too.

5. Checking more frequently for pressure sores may sound unpleasant at first but there must be a positive in there if I just try hard enough.

So there you have it. If I conjure up Heidi or Pollyanna hard enough or tell myself that after all I'm not being asked to climb a mountain or ford a stream (which makes me break into song which may or may not be a positive) I can convince myself for a few moments that asking a company that sells a medically necessary item to be accountable for when it arrives is unreasonable and petty of me and gee whiz I need to overcome that.

In the meantime Waldo is looking for the cushion.

Update: I just received two identical emails dated March 11 indicating that the cushion was sent from San Diego and estimated delivery is tomorrow. I rechecked the UPS site which i checked prior to writing this post and about a half hour after I posted this, that was updated to show the cushion has arrived in NJ. The two emails did not appear in my email box until after I posted this. Certainly appreciate any information.






No comments: