Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Backup supplies

My wheelchair air cushion finally died yesterday. I used to always have backup cushions around when I played tennis but now I don't. And I know I should have backup but things are pricey these days.

So my sister and I rigged up a cushion of sorts from what was here, mainly foam pieces from Walmart but I'm having spasms and pain. It's going to be a long week.

Unfortunately wheelchair cushions take time to order. They are expensive so I have to shop around and figure out the least expensive alternative.

Like many others, I wish we had a better system to get at wheelchair supplies and items. When this kind of thing happens it brings home how much harder it is to buy them. First there's sticker shock and then site after site wanted thirty dollars more to get it here quicker than their usual three to five business day period.

Ouch.


1 comment:

FridaWrites said...

What size is your chairb (can email)? I have a backup Supracor.