Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

We interrupt the blogging for a message

I've never wanted to monetize this blog and haven't since I started it in 2004. Although it takes a certain amount of time and effort to write it, I enjoy it. But I find myself at a crossroads.

I'm training new aides which takes time and I'm taking on some tasks that no one knows how to do yet. This has resulted in having to move items around in my work area so I can reach them with assistive devices. It's a small area and unfortunately I've broken my voice recognition microphone and its backup in the process. Since I have no place to put my laptop when I transfer, I'm concerned that it's going to come to the same fate as my microphones, which would be disastrous.

The budget just isn't going to cover the cost of solutions. So I've put together an Amazon Wish List which contains mostly computer related items and assistive devices that will help out. I'm also adding a donate button if you would prefer to use that.

If you've been a regular reader during the past six years here and/or can afford to help out, I'd appreciate it.