Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

"Keeping My Hands Free" from The Digital Awakening

Peter Tan has a great post up about how using a bluetooth headset and devices like it help him live more productively with his disability. It highlights how more and more mass produced items are being used by people with disabilities every day - depending on their features, such as ease of putting it on, as in Peter's case.

He writes:

A tiny device such as the bluetooth headset has done wonders to my freedom while I am out and about. It allows me to answer the phone while I am driving. I need both hand to drive – the right for the steering wheel and the left for the accelerator and brake.

He now uses a Jabra model that's easier for him to put on. You can read the entire post at the above link.

No comments: