Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

New to the blogroll: Best Catholic Books

I found this gem of a blog through a reader's blogroll. Best Catholic Books is written by Sr. Julia from New Orleans, whose intro reads:

I became a Catholic because of a book. And I became a nun because of a bookstore--the Daughters of St. Paul bookstore in Philadelphia. And for 30 years, I've lived in a bookstore! (It's the perfect life for a book addict like me.) If you don't have some of the books I mention here, just write to me. As I said, I live in a bookstore!

Her posts feature books that she finds which are treasures as well as those she uses herself in her prayer life. Please go over and visit.

*

I'd also like to mention that if any Catholics would like to volunteer to scan a Catholic book for Bookshare, it would be appreciated. If anyone could please do just one book, eventually that would help provide more Catholic books for readers. (Right now when you search under 'Catholic', you get eight books, although there are a few more. I found two books by Scott Hahn, for example.) Many of us Catholics with disabilities who rely on Bookshare to read would love to be able to read some of the Catholic books we see in print and it would be a great help and much appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah and don't bother trying the book Midnight Mass by Wilson . It's about vampires. I was really disappointed thinking it was a Catholic book.

Ruth said...

Bob- yeah I saw that one when I tried searching under Mass. You migt want to read Hahn's books if you haven't read them.