Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Joe the Author

Upon hearing that Joe the Plumber has a book deal, a NY Times guest columnist wrote about how unfair it is:

Most of the writers I know work every day, in obscurity and close to poverty, trying to say one thing well and true. Day in, day out, they labor to find their voice, to learn their trade, to understand nuance and pace. And then, facing a sea of rejections, they hear about something like Barbara Bush’s dog getting a book deal.

Writing is hard, even for the best wordsmiths. Ernest Hemingway said the most frightening thing he ever encountered was “a blank sheet of paper.” And Winston Churchill called the act of writing a book “a horrible, exhaustive struggle, like a long bout of painful illness.”

Yes I know this because I know authors.

I'
m watching a number of my friends, both with and without disabilities, losing their jobs. That's not fair either. Sometimes it's about working in the wrong place at the wrong time, as I read this morning and yet - the personal devastation runs deep.

And then I found this original song, that talks about having a change of heart. And God. And mercy. So I decided to post it.


.
The lyrics via YouTube-
Oh, when you look back, do you smile on all that or have, or do you cry, cry out in pain cause it's not what you thought it would be?

Oh life's not fair
when you try to win everything by hand
Oh life's not fair, but I will be there
when you change your mind.

So, when you look on all your old burned pictures of God, then do you still think that the steriotype fits with the mercy He's shown you? He's always known you by name.

When everything feels like nothing is safe, you can call me and I'll change your heart. Hold still for a moment and hold your soul open and let me love you.

No comments: