Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

Grinchy weather

Snow and ice and slushy roads are causing holiday travel havoc already across the US.

I woke up and I'm cold - and I'm not even outside! Alas my heat controls are not accessible and I need to put that on my wish list. Grinchy weather. [update: A jogger who was passing by put the heat up yaay. Apparently a marathon runner. Brrr.]

Safe to say, it's cold here. Last night (or early morning) I heard a car traveling down the icy side of the street. Its wheels began to spin as it periodically got caught on the ice. I think it might have hit something, because several police cars sped by shortly afterwards. The grinch at work.

The grinch doesn't always win though. With the delivery of another wheelchair yesterday, one more person will have equipment he needs under their tree this Christmas. I fell short of delivering all that I wanted to, because I didn't have enough funds for shipping. Maybe I'll be able to budget more in next year. As the economy gets worse, more people can't pay their own shipping.

Some parents this year are wondering how to tell their kids that Santa will bring fewer toys and goodies. Because I just don't want parents having to tell a child they don't have money for a wheelchair that works, I give kids a priority. Because the grinch should be a cartoon, not a reality for kids.

No comments: