Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dealing with silence

The Beast is taking its turn being broken - not sure if it's serious yet, trying to get the tech out here since something is loose and I don't want to risk damaging it until someone takes a look at it. Turns out there's no pictures or diagrams of wheelchair motors online so I have no idea what part it is. Rather difficult situation since pushing is extraordinarily painful.

Just a musical video today, to remind myself that songs have been written about being greeted with silence, whether it's the silence of not having answers, the silence of not having your needs heard, the silence of others when you need support, the silence of those you are trying to support, the silence of all, sometimes, except God and His workings in the world, which I believe are there if I scan the horizon....

4 comments:

Terri said...

I wish I lived around the corner so I could stop by and worry with you...

Will pray.

Ruth said...

aww thanks Terri. Called the DME again to get a tech out here.

Anonymous said...

Good luck. Took me a week to get a tech to even call.

Ruth said...

Anonymous: Yeah I hear you. I'll take that good luck wish.