Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2008

I don't transfer for aliens...

Scientists say there are signs Martian soil could support life. Definitely asparagus.

Last night I laid down to go to sleep when I saw bright, pulsing lights radiating outside my window up and down the street. I thought perhaps a neighborhood teen was blasting music and keeping time with the headlights on his car, but when the lights didn't stop for about ten minutes, I sighed and reluctantly moved an inch or two to peek outside. That was as far as I was moving.

The entire street was lit up. It resembled a scene from a movie I saw where aliens landed and their ship sent off strange pulsating lights.

I laid back down. I was thinking "PSE&G" or some utility truck working at night, sending off light signals.

Or aliens.

But it had been a long day and I wasn't going to transfer into my wheelchair to check out what was going on. I laid there, watching the lights for a bit longer and then I heard a vehicle drive by and the lights stopped.

Guess it wasn't aliens. I wasn't transferring either way.

Anyway I was curious as to whether others would approach an alien spaceship if it landed, so I went to the answerbag, where one astute person stated he had seen enough movies to know approaching one was a bad idea.

4 comments:

Wheelchair Dancer said...

Yeah, and when you have your final confrontation with the bad guys, don't wait to hear their explanation before you unload and fire whatever it is you pack.

:-)

WCD

Ruth said...

WCD: I do have a trapeze over my hospital bed. I may have to lower it if I run into short aliens...

FridaWrites said...

It's probably best to keep a low profile when aliens approach. ;)

Ruth said...

I dunno..I've got a quad reacher :)