Pages

Monday, August 20, 2007

Fetch cat fetch!

I've seen several people express surprise at the fact that my cat Buddy fetches objects - and brings them to me. However, I've had several cats who fetch - all different breeds, sizes and shapes. Their favorite is aluminum foil balls since they're fun to chase and easy to carry. I had one cat who used to love it when I tossed balls down the staircase. She would carry them up the stairs back to me and chase them down for hours.

Buddy, however, is particularly enthusiastic when balls are tossed around corners. He likes to do burn outs - take off and slide around the corner - all 20 odd pounds of him. It reminds me of a cartoon kitty, like Tom and Jerry and I half expect a bubble to float over his head with the words "Got it!" Sometimes I hear a crash and wonder if I should get him a helmet.

And then, suddenly, it will get very quiet. When I check, I see Buddy crashed out, laying on his back sleeping, one paw on the aluminum foil ball.

Awww.

No comments: