Pages

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Miracle is that I don't need healing...

Here is an article over at The Wheelchair Site by a wheelchair user who explains the miracle in her life....she writes:

"My faith is very important to me. I believe miracles happen everyday, and I know theoretically I could be healed at any moment. At present however, as well as in the foreseeable future, I am meant to use a wheelchair. Members of my church and other people close to me understand that physical healing is not a priority of mine because they see that I am able to lead a fulfilling life regardless of my wheelchair.

However, outside of my community I cannot count on the same understanding. People of various faiths have tried to heal me on several occasions. Some think that I am in a wheelchair because of the things I have done wrong. Others think that I am entitled to a miracle because they see that my faith is strong. What they do not seem to realize is that my faith isn’t at all reliant on my physical capabilities. I am completely able to live out my destiny just the way I am."

No comments: