Pages

Thursday, July 27, 2006

And God Said No



I asked God to take away my pride,
and God said, "No."
He said it was not for Him to take
away, but for me to give up.

I asked God to make my
handicapped child whole and
God said, "No."
He said her spirit is whole, her body
is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience,
and God said, "No."
He said that patience is a
by-product of tribulation. It
isn't granted, it's earned.

I asked God to give me happiness,
and God said, "No."
He said he gives blessings,
Happiness is up to me.

I asked God to spare me pain, and
God said, "No."
He said, ''Suffering draws you apart
from worldly cares and brings
you closer to me.''

I asked God to make my spirit grow,
and God said, "No."
He said I must grow on my own, but
he will prune-me-to make
me fruitful.

I asked God if he loved me, and God
said. ''Yes.''
He gave me His only Son who died
for me, and I will be in Heaven
some day because I believe.

I asked God to help me love others
as much as he loves me, and
God said,
''Ah, finally, you have the idea.''

Author Unknown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to read this a lot when I was recovering from burns years ago. I learned a lot from what I went through and teach now. I hope I help my students who have challenges deal better.

Yours in Christ,
Grace