Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

The best cashier ever

I had to switch up my aide schedule this week due to some work deadlines and needed a few things from the grocery store before an aide will be available.

When I got up to the cash register, I had assorted cans of cat food and a loaf of bread in my lap, which was poor planning. I realized that the cans would be difficult to get up onto the conveyor belt and they were rolling haphazardly around my lap.

Poor grocery placement. Shame on me, I know. I really should know better after umpteen years in a wheelchair.

Anyhow, as I was pondering what to do, I saw the cashier suddenly standing in front of me. She asked if I needed help and when I said yes, she reached over and placed my items on the conveyor belt for me.

After a long day of work, I'm so grateful she asked and helped me out.

Thanks. Best. Cashier. Ever.

1 comment:

Amanda Borenstadt said...

There are some amazing cashiers. When the twins were tiny I'd shop with the big double stroller instead of a grocery cart and cashiers would help me pack the bags in the carry space under the stroller. People don't have to go out of their way, but some do. :)