Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

If you think that took a long time....

Just back from going over to Dunkin Donuts for an ice tea. The cashier was rude because she was annoyed by how long it took me to get my change due to my lack of dexterity. At one point she pushed the coins into my face as I struggled to get the dollar bills. This did not bother me since I lost respect for her when she acted out like that.

Then she told me I should have given her a penny and there wouldn't have been change. I laughed and told her if she thought getting my change took too long , waiting for me to give her a penny would really be an issue for her.

By the way, their straws and condiments weren't at an accessible height. This sort of behavior always gets my ADA radar going.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

FridaWrites said...

I hate it when people are impatient like that. It's just mean.

Last week a clerk's face changed to complete distaste as we approached--I could tell she was relieved my husband did the transaction. Ugh. Have been known to go park myself close to those who are horrified or anxious by the wheelchair. :)

FridaWrites said...

PS, have sometimes asked people very neutrally why they're angry or upset that I'm there or that it takes me a bit, stating that I don't understand their reaction to me. Sometimes it creates an instant change!

Ruth said...

That's happened to me too when I bring it out in the open. Interesting.