Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

A message from Riley: Feline Update



Hey everyone! Hope you're enjoying Spring. Just a short message from me, the rescue kitty, letting you know how well things have worked out just in case you're thinking about letting a rescue pet rescue you.

I'm happily settled into my new home after a long winter. Can't believe it's taken me all this time to train my so called owner and the aides, but I have things the way I want them at last.

1. It's everyone's job to feed me. No exceptions Even if you're paralyzed. Use an assistive device. Geesh
2. I now have three napping areas set aside for me, aside from the bed. Finally folks got their act together an d have put down plush blankets in all three spots.
3. My cat toys are no longer in the way. Everyone is trained to roll and walk around them.


I still don't like storms since i was left out and abandoned during a thunder storm, but no one has figured out how to make those stop. I meow until someone picks me up but I'm less scared than I was. I prefer snow because it makes no noise.

My so called owner was a mess when I got here after she lost her cat Buddy. She's doing much better now that I'm around.

I hope someone reading this decides to check their local animal shelters for a cute pet like me. I wasn't in great shape when I was adopted (everyone kept calling me a handful, whatever that means), but with a little patience and love, my so called owner says I'm just as happy now as Buddy was.

And I think that's a very good thing.

[image description: A photo of Riley, a tabby on white, looking at the camera, cocking his head as he stands in front of a window.]

The good folks at Animal Allies took good care of me until I was adopted. Please consider helping them continue their good work with a donation.

No comments: