Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Asking for Help

Chris, who has quadriplegia, filmed situations in which he needs help when he's out in the community. I've written about my experiences (sometimes adventures) and thought this short clip really captures a number of real life situations that occur. As you'll see, people are sometimes reluctant to help (particularly with ATM machines) until they understand the help that's needed. It's sometimes necessary to explain it a few times or to ask a few people.

2 comments:

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

Thanks for posting this video, I think he put together an excellent demonstration. I find that 99% of the time people are happy to assist when I asked them.... Hope you have a great day!

Ruth said...

Thanks, Greg.

I also find the majority of people are helpful :)