Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

It is Enough

There are lots of lessons for me about this phrase lately, both in a material and spiritual sense.

Just when I feel like an utter fool for thinking I can pull off working and trying to afford what I need to do that as a person living with quadriplegia, it hits me again that it's all about faith. I know I have a lot of company out there in these hard economic times when I say that it takes a leap of faith to keep doing the footwork sometimes, especially when naysayers outnumber supporters. That's still the way it is in our present times for people with disabilities and employment and even more so in a recession.

The spiritual sense of "it is enough" encompasses not only those who are seekers, but those who may encounter a dark night of the soul of their own. I found this wonderful poem by Todd Boss entitled "It Is Enough to Enter" and would like to share it. I think its message might be encouraging to some.

And if you ask Roena Hall this morning about any of this, after she was rescued from her front porch steps during a house fire, I bet she would understand.

No comments: