Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Whirlwind Wheelchairs: thousands of wheelchairs needed in Haiti

via Rolling Rains Report :

Whirlwind Wheelchairs is rushing an order of their durable rough terrain wheelchairs (called the Rough Rider) down to Haiti - their chairs are good quality and will work in the environment. You can learn more about them in this video.






Each chair costs $220 and they are raising $22,000 for the first order. Please help if you can.

You can donate at Whirlwind Wheelchair here.

2 comments:

Matthew Smith said...

I must say it's a bit unfortunate that the image displayed before you play this video is one of those nasty old hospital chairs, rather than one of Whirlwind's own! The actual design looks pretty neat and looking at the guy bumping down the long flight of stairs in it, I wonder why I've never seen one here. Is it just too heavy?

Ruth said...

I really can't answer your question because I don't have the information, but I also think the design would be useful in many places.