It refers the reader to a list of free software that, in combination with a netbook, can be used to communicate.
The software includes:
Free software that is recommended:
- E-triloquist – www.etriloquist.com – speaks what you type and has preprogrammed phrases.
- Click-N-Type - www.lakefolks.org/cnt - free onscreen keyboard if typing is difficult.
- Skype – www.skype.com – use your computer as a telephone and make video calls with a webcam. You can also use this program to type your responses while the other person speaks to you.
- Mozilla Firefox – www.mozilla.com – free web browser.
- Free virus software, such as AVG – www.free.avg.com
You can read the entire article at the above link.
For more information on computer access for those with ALS, please visit here.
For more information on speaking/communication difficulties, please click here.