Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Things you can expect when you write a blog

Just reading Googling God , where he was writing about comments you can expect if you write a Catholic blog.

And let me tell you, I also get gems because I write about disability issues:

FedUp has left a new comment on your post "8 year old girl handcuffed at school":

That thing should have been euthanized before it was born. And it's parents should be shot for polluting the gene pool like that. Absolutely disgusting
.

And yes I reject comments like this. Readers don't see many of the comments I get along these lines. But I'm using this one to make a point.

It's why I write about the dehumanization of people with disabilities, euthanasia and hate crimes. And the Holocaust.

2 comments:

FridaWrites said...

It's a good thing to write about these issues--we're not clear of the dangers of the past, given the way the new laws are being written.

I just read the comment to my husband, who said, "the nazis are alive and well, huh?"

Sorry you get comments like this.

Ruth said...

Frida- thanks. One of the things about blogging I dislike, although this type of comment is the exception, not the rule for sure. Still- disturbing.