Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sad News

I was saddened to hear of the sudden, unexpected death of Michael Dubruiel, a Catholic author and Amy Welborn's husband. Amy, who writes Charlotte was Both and is an author, was extremely kind to me when I began writing this blog and she and her young children are in my prayers and thoughts.

I want to pass this along from her blog (and I offer this link to Michael's books) and a link for a collection

We are devastated and beg your prayers.

Many thanks for all of the prayers and notes. It is overwhelming. Many have asked what they can do of a material or concrete nature. All I can say is to simply buy his books. Not from me, because I am in no position to fill orders, but from anywhere else. He long ago promised God that he would give all the royalties of The How To Book of the Mass to the children’s college funds, which he did faithfully. It is in good shape because of that. Buy them, read them, and give them away to others. Spread the Word. That is what he was all about.

3 comments:

Pilgrim said...

I was so sorry to read this on Crunchy Con yesterday. I've read her blog occasionally. She's a sharp thinker. I'm so sorry.
I noticed one of the book titles linked to was: There Are No Accidents; Trust in God.

Ruth said...

Very sad news. I'm so sorry for Amy and her children.

Anonymous said...

I read this yesterday and even though I did not know her, I chose not to post anything on my own blog out of respect. I share my condolences and offer my prayers for the entire family.