Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

My wireless indoor/outdoor weather station


Because I have quadriplegia, my ability to sense temperature is affected. So I purchased a wireless indoor/outdoor weather station in Kohl's for $19.99 about five years ago. The items shown at left are a battery operated sensor unit you place outside (not in direct sunlight or too much shade) and a small device with a screen (called a temperature station) that you keep inside which shows both the outside and inside temperatures. This "real time" information is really helpful since the temperatures reported through weather services can vary location by location and hour by hour.

Yesterday the device outside wasn't reporting temperatures and I thought it needed a new battery, but today it's working again. I'm really impressed with its reliability and longevity.

Mine is the La Crosse Technology model. Here's a link to a similar model .

2 comments:

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

my atomic clock does the inside/outside temps too, very helpful.

Ruth said...

Greg,
Good to know about that, thanks. Eventually this one will have to be replaced (must say I'm impressed by its longevity...)