Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Go ahead and scream


Remember the secret word on PeeWee's playhouse? Viewers were told what it was and that they should scream real loud after PeeWee tricked people into saying it.

I know some folks don't like talking about health care , so I decided that if we could all scream after we talk about the rising costs of health care , that might help. Rising by almost 6% by 2009, according to this article in USA Today.

See how much better you feel if you have permission to scream after reading that?

Try this:

On average, health care costs will go up by an estimated 5.7% next year for both workers and their employers, the study found. That follows this year's 5.7% hike and a 6.1% jump in 2007


[visual image: The words: Remember what to do whenever anybody says The Secret Word are shown.]

2 comments:

Hokule'a Kealoha said...

I just came accross your blog via
... I posted on this issue last week on my blog My Wide Blue Seas http://mywideblueseas.blogspot.com/2008/08/poor-with-us.html I am SICK of these rich white men like Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and others saying "we must just work healthcare into our budgets like everything else", when its NOT like anything else. life and death are not commodities. The rising costs and unavailability of afordable insurance make it impossible. The rising costs are staggering. A friend commented and said that the NHS formation in England was the most hotly contested issue of the century why too many people were getting rich off of healthcare... I sense the same here in the US

Ruth said...

Thanks for visiting and for your comment. I just took a look at your blog post. I agree that health care is not like anything else and it's not fair to assume that people can afford higher costs if they budgeted better. That's not the case with many and that argument just doesn't solve the problem.