Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

Having tea with a friend

Yesterday one of my blogging friends mentioned that maybe we'll have tea together some day. It brought tears to my eyes and I told her yes, that we will. Some day. When I can get where I need to go. This summer is so much better than last year. Last year I didn't have a power chair and couldn't push my manual one, so I bought a power chair on ebay only to find out it couldn't go over the sidewalks and I was stuck inside. Now I have a power chair that can take me outside and I'm happily paying it off and taking walks nearby.

I haven't been able to see friends however which is hard. And although I'm trying to push my manual chair, it's not going well. Perhaps prayers might help, so I ask for those. In the end, however, considering my disability, I have to accept that using a power chair most, if not all, of the time is the likelihood. I don't dislike the power chair - just the fact that I can't get it into my car. But that's another story. This summer things are so much better than last year and I pray for those who aren't lucky enough to be able to work to buy a wheelchair.

I will have tea with that friend. And I'll let all of you know about it when it happens too.

4 comments:

Rosario said...

Just to say I love your blog. As a person with a OCD I thank you for sharing all this with us!:) Prayin for you my sista'

Ruth said...

Rosario- thanks for the prayers :) I linked to your blog in my sidebar.

Rosario said...

Thank you! :D

Anonymous said...

People take so much for granted. This really made me think. Thanks.