Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

New to the blogroll: The Catholic Down Syndrome Society

I'm adding a blog to my blogroll which contains resources and information: The Catholic Down Syndrome Society.

I'd also like to point out the recent article by the blog's author, Leticia Velasquez, entitled Down Not Out, appearing in the National Catholic Register, which discusses, in part, the Prenatally and Postnatally Diagnosed Conditions Awareness Act.

Defeated in 2005, the bill was reintroduced in 2007 by Sens. Brownback, of Kansas, and [Ted] Kennedy, of Massachusetts. It would provide expectant parents up-to-date, scientifically sound information on the medical treatment available to individuals with Down syndrome, access to support groups for parents and a list of potential adoptive parents.

The bill is awaiting debate in the House, after which there is a good chance it will pass and be signed by President Bush.

via National Catholic Register


2 comments:

Leticia said...

Funny; I was creating his link to your post on the culture of crime in the media as you were linking to me!
http://catholicmediareview.blogspot.com/2008/07/why-is-ghetto-culture-is-glorified-in.html

Ruth said...

Thanks for the link.

I'm delighted to add your new blog to my blogroll. It's a great resource for parents.