Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Meet the Beast



A number of readers have asked me what The Beast is. Not Buddy the cat - it's my power chair, an Invacare TDX-SP and here's a picture a friend took.

As for accessories, ladies - I've replaced the bag in the photo on the left (which was a bike bag I purchased for about ten dollars) with a slimmer and classier bag my friend Laura made for me, shown in the photo to the right. (She's a seamstress and it's a beautiful, much more feminine bag, styled more like a vertical messenger bag, roomy, lightweight and deep but slim. ) Definitely should say 'Designs by Laura' on the side! Shhh, he's sleeping...

7 comments:

Meredith Gould said...

As your devoted aide, I recommend that you swap the names of your power chair and cat.

Courageous Grace said...

Nice wheels! Very beastly....would probably give my poor cat a heart attack.

Ruth said...

Meredith- yes they are both beasts LOL

CG- I think your cat is smarter than mine :) Buddy tends to sit in front of me and refuse to move even when the Beast is bearing down on him!

Anonymous said...

That is a nice bag. I like its shape.

Courageous Grace said...

LOL my mom's cat does the same thing to her electric wheelchair...or she'll sit in it and Mom'll have to scoop her out....then she'll jump right back on the seat. Mom usually ends up having to nearly sit on the cat to get her to move.

Edward said...

Your photos provide more evidence for my mom's theory that there is something about wheelchairs that cats like. The cat that she and her s.o. Louis own curled up in my wheelchair (a manual Invacare Action Pro-T) a couple of times the last time I went to visit. And in fact, many a time when I've gone to visit mom, when I come downstairs from the guest bedroom (on crutches) I have found a cat sleeping in the wheelchair.

Ruth said...

CG- yes they're very insistent once they've decided the chair is their territory LOL

Edward- all of my cats like my wheelchairs. When I had two cats, they would fight over who could sleep/nap in it :)