Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

ahh technology!

I have a love/hate relationship with technology. I depend on it to do lots of things, and when it works well, I sing its praises. When things go wrong it can get very ugly

Last night though when I was out with friends, technology showed its humorous side. S, who is legally blind, decided to put K's number in her cell phone using the voice recognition feature. It took a few tries but it worked. "I can do it myself!" she said - and so she did.

Then she tried dialing K's number. Nothing. "Maybe I have the number wrong?" she asked.

K looked at her phone. "No, no service in here."

Time for the wiseacre quad to speak up. "Gee, amazing how both of you pay for cell phone plans, are sitting next to each other and we just spent twenty minutes trying to place a call from a cell phone inches away from the other one - isn't technology productive!"

Maybe you had to be there, especially when the message S left for K sounded on her cell phone a mere 45 minutes later.

Her message? "How close do two phones have to be to connect?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gave me a chuckle. Thanks. Barbara

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

thanks for the laugh