Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2008

The pigeon that fell from the sky

First it's squirrels -now it's pigeons.

I just emailed my nephew that I was out in my power chair taking a walk when all of a sudden a pigeon landed on the sidewalk right in front of me.

I had two choices: keep going and risk injuring the pigeon or swerve to the left and risk decapitating flowers which is a crime in Switzerland. Since there was a four foot drop next to me, swerving to the right was out.

The pigeon started to hop to get out of my way, but not quickly enough. I let go of the joystick which slowed the power chair down a tad, then he/she flew off. I still rolled over - something. Eww.

It was a little different than dealing with squirrels. Generally squirrels just dart out, like people.

Maybe some people would hop along in front of me, but I've never seen it. I wouldn't mind seeing that though. Kind of a Monty Python idea, don't you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Monty Python skit for sure. Geeze where were you going that there was a drop like that on the side?