Pages

Monday, May 26, 2008

blogging business

Over the years I've had a lot of different computer setups so that I could run Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Dragon NaturallySpeaking version nine, works very well. it's far from perfect, however, and I've been using a Mac program to do the edits. Sadly, my poor iBook is no longer up to the task of being an editor and the Windows programs I can find just don't work as well. Right now, I can't come up with a solution in terms of software on the Windows platform that's equivalent to what I've been doing and , although I can edit by voice,it's not taking care of every error nor is it time efficient.

So as much as I would like the content of this blog to be 'perfect', I really can't take the time and energy to do the amount of editing that would take. after thinking this over, and knowing that the resources I have, must go towards the work I produce for my job, I've decided that I will just indicate at the end of the post that it was dictated with voice-recognition .

Which works darn well, I think. And, as Henry James said, Excellence does not require perfection, a quote I found on Lady Bracknell's blog that made me feel considerably better about this whole technological can of worms. (She has found some wonderful jewelry at Etsy, by the way.)

(Dictated via Dragon NaturallySpeaking without editing)

2 comments:

Wheelchair Dancer said...

A strategy I might well adopt.

WCD

Ruth said...

:)