Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Sr. Edith honored for her dedication to accommodating disabled students

I was not surprised when I went over to read Monastic Musings, Sr. Edith's blog, to see that she was honored at her college by receiving a faculty award for being the most accommodating faculty member by their Disability services center.

Sr. Edith contributed several posts to Blogging Against Disablism Day (B.A.D.D.) and blogs on issues related to disability as a sociologist. Her perspective is both informative and thought-provoking.

Her many comments on my blogs are also appreciated and have taught me a great deal about the importance of allies as we all work toward inclusion.

Congratulations, Sr. Edith, on a well deserved award. If you'd like to congratulate Sr. Edith and/or read more about her award, click the link above.

I'll be leaving this post on top all day tomorrow - in tribute to all the allies we all have in our lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sr. Edith!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to add my congratulations. It's so nice to see that the school recognizes faculty members who go the extra mile.