Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Catching shadows...


I'm reading The Shadow Catcher by Marianne Wiggins. She writes about a photographer who took pictures of the Indians - and, at the same time, about herself as a writer.

She writes about the first time Gertrude Stein flew in a plane and thought the landscape below reminded her of cubist art.

She writes about traffic in LA and the back streets therof.

She writes so beautifully that I cannot describe the language she uses in any way other than "not to be missed" if you're an avid reader and lover of the English language.

Yes I know you're busy. Yes I know you have other things to do. I do too which is why this isn't a real book review. I don't have time. I'd rather spend any spare time I have reading this book.

Trust me on this.

Read it. Or some of it. Whatever you can make time for.

[visual description: The cover page of the book is shown. A photo of a mountain with a field in the foreground is depicted with the title of the book The Shadow Catcher and the author's name below.]

No comments: