Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

List of burn camps

Yesterday I spoke with a 15 year old young lady who is a burn survivor.

As I talked with her, she explained what a wonderful experience she had at a burn camp. I'd never heard of burn camps - as most people, I'm sure, haven't. She explained that when she was struggling to deal with going out in public , she felt safe at burn camp and that helped her in her adjustment.

Please take a moment and click on the link above to read about the many burn camps there are. Usually camp is provided free for these children and they do rely on donations. They also rely on volunteers, OT's , PT's ,nurses, doctors - if you're in a position to help or know someone who is, I can assure you that these camps are a lifeline for these kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're raising awareness of this. I have a friend who was burned as a kid. Camp helped her too. I wonder when HBO or someone else is going to get around to doing a special on this.