Pages

Thursday, January 4, 2007

SmartNAV 3 -hands free mouse


Just received a SmartNAV 3 to help me move my cursor and to use with an onscreen keyboard , which gives me complete control of the computer hands free. So far I like it. I'm using a dwell feature to click and it works well.

I put the "dot" which controls the cursor on a piece of duct tape which I then attached to different spots (my forehead, glasses, microphone) just to experiment with placement. I like it on my forehead best so far. That seems like it's the most accurate.

The camera sits well on my laptop. Sometimes I forget it's there and it scares me- it looks as if an alien is crawling toward me with red, green and blue glowing lights! But then again I've seen too many movies.

This will be a great supplement to Dragon Naturally Speaking.

It's awesome for surfing the web! I am having no trouble getting around at all without any training.

I give this 5 stars.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

You really are going high tech, aren't you! Wonderful gadget, and I'm glad you have one. You keep posting, and I'll keep commenting ;mn)

Ruth said...

It is high tech - and, suprisingly, more economic as an alternative than many other options! Am very glad I ran across it as an alternative.