Pages

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Why inclusion matters


It poured buckets of rain last night and I almost skipped bible study. I am glad I didn't.

Last night in bible study, we were talking in our small group about how difficulties in our lives can be blessing s. Several of us share d that facing medical issue s and/or disability enriched our lives by leading to service.

Part of the process of inclusion is recognizing common grounds as well as areas of difference. But that only happens when we remain open to hearing and listening to other people. We have to participate to make that happen.

Through the participation in church activities, those of us with disabilities will and can become vital members of the community.

As a community, my parish is constantly growing spiritually. It is open to diversity, even though the path can be challenging.

After bible study a bevy of umbrella s shielded me from the pelting rain.

We went in there alone but left together with the Holy Spirit foremost in us.


{This was typed entirely with KeyStrokes for Mac, afree demo software including onscreen keyboard and word prediction. If interested, please let me know and I'll direct you to their website. It works well.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Inclusion is within our reach if we work at it and try together.

Anonymous said...

Good job with the new software. Less pain?

Ruth said...

Much less pain. costs $299 after 15 day free trial.

Anonymous said...

Don't you use voice recognition?

Ruth said...

Need to both update voice recognition and this to do everything I do for work or else I have to struggle to input data with assistive devices that are causing some pain. Just exploring options. I can get cheaper voice recognition and this too- not sure what to do. Also dealing with cross platform and different software for each but that diversifies what I am able to do for my jobs.

Anonymous said...

Woot. If it helps, get it.