Pages

Sunday, October 15, 2006

For all those doing their PT/OT....



medals of honor.

Yesterday my nephew came over and my sis told me how very hard he's working in PT. I gave him one of my wheelchair tennis medals for his courage and bravery. He deserves it.

So I wanted to give cyber-medals to all of those who work just as hard - kids, even adults.

When we have disabilities or become injured and need PT/OT, it's not much fun, is it? When you need to have it all of the time, it becomes a challenge and a real character-builder. I can see how it has matured my nephew to muster up the self discipline to go, after school, numerous times a week and have to push his already tired body even further.

Not that he complains usually. He understands that he is working to get a bit more strength with his CP. At the ripe old age of 10, he's already a philosopher, saying "I see a little bit more strength on some days" and knows he has good and bad days.

Yet he perseveres. As do many of us.

Forget the NFL stars, the college stars, the Heisman winners - YOU guys are my heroes!

Have a medal - and a hug.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he's doing well. You're right - he'll learn a lot about himself as he works on his PT.

Rosemary said...

Here's another pat on the back to your nephew, and all the others who faithfully do their PT/OT. May you reap the best possible benefit from your efforts. Amen.

Ruth said...

Always appreciate your prayers, db - thanks!