Pages

Sunday, October 29, 2006

alternate blogging

I never knew before I had a disability exactly how many alternate forms of input existed for computers.

Not only are there special keyboards, there are onscreen keyboards that float on your screen and can be used with a mouth wand- some include word prediction. There are kinds of trackpads and now you can get a mouse made for specific disabilities.

Of course there's voice recognition. there's handwriting recognition on Tablet PCs and touchscreen computers.

I use a variety of methods when I write this blog. If I get "stuck" and voice recognition won't "recognize" what I say, I'll turn to an onscreen keyboard.

alternate blogging - part of the creative process!

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

I would be interested in some links to these alternative input methods, if you have them.

Ruth said...

You got it! Just did a post with some pix.